Monday, August 11, 2008

Upset

So yes, I am going to post another angry / very upset blog today. I was not planning on it but a email arrived in my inbox just a bit ago and has pushed me to the point where I can not work. I need to get this out so that I feel a little better. So here goes nothing.

I have been told that I am a great parent but do not know how to get my child to listen to me. This person says that if they could give me advice about how to raise my son that he would listen and everything would be hunky dory. Well I have some things to say about this.

I have NEVER been told that my son was rude, out of control or anything else for that matter. We take him every place with us and he is a great little boy. I know there are people out there that would agree with me. I work very hard with my son to make sure that he is polite and listens to people. He is even taking Karate, don't you think he has to listen to do that? My son is my life and I am very hurt that someone would even think that my son does not listen to me and that makes me a bad parent. My husband and I work very hard and Eric does listen to us. I will admit that he does not listen all the time but let me ask you this, do you know ANY child that listens to their parents 100% of the time? I sure as heck don't! And I don't appreciate someone who sees us once a week to tell me that he doesn't listen to us and that we need to get advice about how to raise him. HE IS MY FREAKING KID!!!!!!

I have so much more to say but just can't put it into polite words so I will not say it.

No comments: